Job: Bookings Coordinator
Location: Home based, Middlesbrough area
Salary: £20,000 per year pro rata
Hours: Part time, 15-25 hours per week.
This is a part time role with scope to grow in future.
1st for EPA is recruiting a Bookings Coordinator to handle the administration of bookings and provide excellent service to our customers.
1st for EPA assesses apprenticeships. This is known as end point assessment, or EPA. We pride ourselves on the quality of our support and friendly approach.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, have great attention to detail and be capable of managing multiple tasks. The role will involve processing assessment bookings, general business administration and business support.
The position involves regularly communicating with customers by phone and email, so good written and verbal communication is essential.
The position is home based although monthly travel into Middlesbrough will be expected for monthly team meetings. Days of work are Monday to Friday. Long-term the role may become office based so applicants must be willing to travel to Middlesbrough.
You will be supplied with equipment but must have a space to work (such as from home) and a strong internet connection.
• Assisting with registrations, booking assessments and issuing results.
• Providing support to customers by email and phone.
• Supporting the operations team.
• Co-ordinating assessors and providing admin support to them.
• Keeping accurate records of assessments carried out.
• General admin and operational duties.
• Other duties as required.
This is a growing company with the opportunity to increase hours and progress within the company if the candidate wishes.
1st for EPA offers a company pension and 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
References will be requested prior to job offer.
- 3+ years’ experience in business support or administrator role
- Highly organised and efficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage own workload
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Problem solving skills
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Proactive, contributes ideas to improve ways of working
- Able to follow set processes to keep a high standard of quality
- IT literate
- 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths.
- Experience offering great customer service
- Understanding of apprenticeships and/or end point assessment.
Keywords: administration, admin, bookings, training provider, apprenticeships, EPA, EPAO