Job: Business Administrator
Location: Home based, Middlesbrough area
Salary: £22,000 per year FTE
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week); we will also consider applications from those wishing to work 30+ hours per week.
1st for EPA provides end point assessment for apprenticeships throughout the UK. We work with apprentices, employers and training providers to deliver a complete apprenticeship assessment service.
We’re recruiting a Business Administrator to manage administration and provide excellent service to our customers.
1st for EPA pride ourselves on the quality of our support and our friendly service, and we’re looking for someone who has this same friendly and professional approach.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, have great attention to detail and be capable of managing multiple tasks quickly and efficiently. The role will involve processing assessment bookings, managing our Admin mailbox, checking certificates, liaising with customers and assessors, and general business support.
The position involves regularly communicating with customers by phone and email, so good written and verbal communication is essential.
The position is home based although monthly travel into Middlesbrough will be expected for team meetings. Working days are Monday to Friday, working full time (37.5 hours per week), although we will also consider applications from those wishing to work 30+ hours per week. Long-term the role may become office based so applicants must be willing to travel to Middlesbrough.
You will be supplied with equipment but must have a space to work (such as from home) and a strong internet connection.
- Assisting with registrations, booking assessments and issuing results.
- Managing the Admin mailbox and responding to queries.
- Providing support to customers by email and phone.
- Supporting the operations team.
- Co-ordinating assessors and providing admin support to them.
- Keeping accurate records of assessments carried out.
- General admin and operational duties.
- Other duties as required.
1st for EPA offers a company pension and 30 days holiday per year including bank holidays.
References will be requested prior to job offer.
- 3+ years’ experience in a business support or administrator role
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of Office, SharePoint, Teams and video conferencing
- Highly organised and efficient
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with minimal supervision and use own initiative
- Able to handle multiple tasks and manage own workload
- Good communicator, both written and verbal
- Problem solving skills
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Proactive, contributes ideas to improve ways of working
- Able to follow set processes to keep a high standard of quality
- 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and maths.
- Experience working in apprenticeships and/or end point assessment
- Experience offering great customer service
- Administration/customer service qualifications