EPA Assessors – Multiple Apprenticeship Standards
Job: End Point Assessor (Independent End Point Assessor/IEPA)
Location: Remote working
We are seeking an independent end point assessors to assess across multiple apprenticeship standards. Experience as an assessor or coach/tutor is preferred.
We are seeking assessors for:
- Marketing standards (Marketing Assistant level 3, Marketing Executive level 4 and Marketing Manager level 6)
- Junior Content Producer (level 3)
Assessors must have a relevant qualification at least one level above the standard they are applying to assess, and have substantial experience working in the industry.
Our EPA is carried out remotely, via video calling. It can be done from anywhere in the UK as long as you have a computer, webcam and strong internet connection. Assessments take different forms and may include assessing a written report, presentation, Q&A session, workplace observation, interview or professional discussion.
This is a flexible position that you can work from home, choosing your own hours (within office hours). You will be working freelance (a contractor).
The role involves:
- Responding to assessment bookings in a timely manner
- Assessing the apprentice’s work, which will take various forms
- Carrying out the Q&A, interviews or professional discussions as relevant, by video call
- Grading using a defined assessment plan and marking criteria
- Making sound judgements about the standard of the apprentice’s knowledge and competence
- Providing robust feedback to the apprentice and arriving at an overall grade
- Checking the suitability of project proposals (some standards)
- Attending standardisation meetings twice annually
- Working as part of the 1st for EPA assessment team
- Maintaining your own professional development.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 4 years working in the relevant industry/field
- Highly organised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to plan your own schedule and commit to agreed times/bookings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to attend two standardisation activities per year
- Marking/assessing experience
- Experience working as an End Point Assessor or Independent Assessor
- An understanding of apprenticeship standards and EPA
- Prevent and safeguarding training
- Assessor qualifications (e.g. CAVA)
Keywords: assessor, IEPA, independent end point assessor, apprenticeships.
To apply, please send a CV including which standard(s) you are applying to assess and your availability.