PR and Communications Assessor
Job: PR and Communications Apprenticeship Assessor (End Point Assessor)
Location: Remote working
We are seeking an independent end point assessor to assess the Public Relations and Communications Assistant apprenticeship standard (level 4). Experience as an assessor or coach/tutor is preferred.
Assessors must have a relevant qualification (PR/communications) at level 5 or above, and have substantial experience working in content production.
Our EPA is carried out primarily remotely, via video calling. It can be done from anywhere in the UK as long as you have a computer, webcam and internet connection. Assessments take different forms and usually include assessing a written report, presentation, Q&A session and professional discussion. On-site assessment may be offered from March 2022 onwards (if safe to do so) and this is optional.
This is a flexible position that you can work from home, choosing your own hours (within office hours). It is part time and is expected to grow quickly.
The role involves:
- Responding to assessment bookings in a timely manner
- Assessing the apprentice’s presentation of their project
- Carrying out the Q&A session via video call
- Awarding marks using a defined assessment plan and marking criteria
- Making sound judgements about the standard of the apprentices knowledge and competence
- Providing robust feedback to the apprentice and arriving at an overall grade
- Check project proposals and provide initial feedback (at the gateway stage)
- Attending standardisation meetings as and when required
- Working as part of the 1st for EPA assessment team
- Maintaining your own professional development.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a public relations and communications occupation at level 5 (e.g. account executive) or above and have completed a minimum of 3-days continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to public relations and communications in the last year; you do not necessarily still need to be employed in a public relations and communications occupation
- Have, or be willing to work towards, an assessing qualification (CAVA, TAQA, Award in EPA, A1)
- Highly organised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to plan your own schedule and commit to agreed times/bookings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to attend two standardisation activities per year
- Marking/assessing experience
- Experience working as an End Point Assessor or Independent Assessor
- An understanding of apprenticeship standards and EPA
- Prevent and safeguarding training
- Assessor qualifications (e.g. CAVA)
Keywords: PR, communications, IEPA, independent end point assessor, apprenticeships