Assessors for Data Analyst/Data Technician
Job: Data Analyst/Data Technician Apprenticeship Assessor (End Point Assessor)
Location: Remote working
Type: Freelance or employed; full time or part time
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience.
We are seeking an independent end point assessor to assess the Data Analyst and Data Technician apprenticeship standards (level 3 and 4). Experience as an assessor or coach/tutor is strongly preferred.
Assessors must have substantial experience working in the sector.
Our EPA is carried out primarily remotely, via video calling. It can be done from anywhere in the UK as long as you have a computer, webcam and internet connection. Assessments take different forms and include either a scenario demo with questioning or a project presentation with questioning, and a professional discussion based on a portfolio of evidence.
This is a flexible position that you can work from home. Full time hours are preferred, though part time will be considered.
The role involves:
- Responding to assessment bookings in a timely manner
- Carrying out the EPA via video call
- Awarding marks using a defined assessment plan and marking criteria
- Making sound judgements about the standard of the apprentice’s knowledge and competence
- Providing robust feedback to the apprentice and arriving at an overall grade
- Attending standardisation meetings twice annually
- Working as part of the 1st for EPA assessment team
- Maintaining your own professional development.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a field related to data technician/data analyst
- Have a relevant qualification or be willing to work towards one, if applying to assess Data Technician. This is preferred but not essential for Data Analyst. Assessor qualifications may include e.g. CAVA, TAQA, Award in Undertaking EPA, A1, or similar.
- Highly organised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to plan your own schedule and commit to agreed times/bookings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to attend two standardisation activities per year
- Experience working as an End Point Assessor, Independent Assessor, coach or tutor
- Marking/assessing experience
- A good understanding of apprenticeship standards and EPA
- Prevent and safeguarding training
Keywords: data technician, data analyst, IEPA, independent end point assessor, apprenticeships