Data Analyst/Data Technician Independent End Point Assessor (IEPA)
Location: Remote working
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours)
Standards: Data Analyst level 4 or Data Technician level 3
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 depending on experience
We are seeking independent end point assessors to assess the level 4 Data Analyst and level 3 Data Technician apprenticeship standards. Applicants may apply to assess either or both standards.
Applicants must have experience working as an end point assessor/IEPA and substantial experience working in the sector.
EPA for these standards is carried out remotely, by video calling. It can be done from anywhere in the UK with a strong internet connection. Assessments take different forms and include either scenario demonstrations with questioning or a project presentation with questioning, followed by a professional discussion based on a portfolio of evidence.
This is a flexible position that you can work from home.
The job duties include:
- Scheduling/managing assessments on our software, in a timely manner.
- Reviewing assessment evidence (e.g. portfolio, project) and preparing for EPA.
- Carrying out the EPA by video call. Apply reasonable adjustments where granted.
- Awarding grades using a defined assessment plan and assessment criteria.
- Making sound judgements about the standard of the apprentice’s knowledge and competence, arriving at an overall grade, and recording your justifications for the quality assurer, following clear processes.
- Providing robust feedback to the apprentice, following clear processes.
- Contributing to and attending two standardisation meetings per year.
- Maintaining appropriate standard competency and knowledge CPD.
Capacity: The usual capacity for full time data assessors is 4 end point assessments per week. This includes all preparation, carrying out the assessment, writing up feedback and general admin, with time left to be spent on resits, CPD and standardisation activities. The EPA capacity may on occasion be increased if business needs demand.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience carrying out end point assessment and making accurate assessment decisions.
- A minimum of 3 years’ industry experience, working in a field related to data technician/data analyst.
- Thorough knowledge of the Data Analyst and/or Data Technician standards and assessment plans.
- Have a relevant qualification or be willing to work towards one, if applying to assess Data Technician. This is preferred but not essential for Data Analyst. Assessor qualifications may include e.g. CAVA, TAQA, Award in Undertaking EPA, A1, or similar.
- Highly organised.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Able to schedule bookings and organise own time to prepare for assessments and submit feedback to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills
- Able to maintain own CPD.
- A good understanding of apprenticeship standards and EPA
- Prevent and safeguarding training
- Quality assurance qualification (or willing to work towards one)
- Remote working
- Flexible hours (on-screen assessment time must be during office hours)
- 30 days holiday per year, including bank holidays
- 3% pension contribution
Keywords: data technician, data analyst, IEPA, independent end point assessor, apprenticeships