Senior Leader Assessor
Job: Senior Leader (level 7) Apprenticeship Assessor (End Point Assessor)
Location: Remote working
We are seeking an independent end point assessor to assess the Senior Leader (level 7) apprenticeship standard. Experience as an assessor or coach/tutor is strongly preferred.
Assessors must have a relevant qualification and substantial experience working in the sector.
Our EPA is carried out primarily remotely, via video calling. It can be done from anywhere in the UK as long as you have a computer, webcam and internet connection. Assessments take different forms and include either a scenario demo with questioning or a project presentation with questioning, and a professional discussion based on a portfolio of evidence.
This is a flexible position that you can work from home, choosing your own hours (within office hours). It is part time and is expected to grow quickly.
The role involves:
- Responding to assessment bookings in a timely manner
- Carrying out the EPA via video call
- Awarding marks using a defined assessment plan and marking criteria
- Making sound judgements about the standard of the apprentice’s knowledge and competence
- Providing robust feedback to the apprentice and arriving at an overall grade
- Attending standardisation meetings twice annually
- Working as part of the 1st for EPA assessment team
- Maintaining your own professional development.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience working as an End Point Assessor, Independent Assessor, coach or tutor
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a related field
- Highly organised
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to plan your own schedule and commit to agreed times/bookings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to attend two standardisation activities per year
- Marking/assessing experience
- A good understanding of apprenticeship standards and EPA
- Prevent and safeguarding training
- Assessor qualifications (e.g. CAVA, TAQA, Award in Undertaking EPA, A1)
Keywords: Senior Leader, IEPA, independent end point assessor, apprenticeships